Saturday, July 13, 2013

Recycled tire planters


     My husband is in the auto industry and brought home one big, new, but defective tire. That's where it all started.  I semi prepped my site for what was initially a small project. I spray painted the tire and had to have more tires! I painted some of them more then once.
Yeah not feeling it!


     Better...so I decide on colors and aquire more tires and the project grows. I first put down black weed blocker, line the bottom with old newspaper ( which was probably overkill newspaper would have been just fine but I had it so I used it) and started putting in dirt and plants. Which I move around until I'm happy. 



Still like the big blue tire and bricks?! Looks like its evolving still.




Still going, but I think I'm good with the tires for now. Now I'll start leveling the ground for brickwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment