Saturday, September 7, 2013

DIY Patio

DIY patio, doing it myself, with some heavy lifting assistance from hubby. Thankfully, my husband loves a good project as much as I do.
Here is how my recycled tire project started to evolve. 
Before getting started this is what it was looking like.

I started leveling the ground, and the hubby decided he wanted a new grill for his birthday, so he needed a solid foundation. 


Leveled and added paver stone


Leveled again ( still not level)




Once all stones are level, and I didn't have any toe stubbers or rockers, I added packing sand to fill voids between stones. It's easier to have a broom handy for pushing the sand around.





Added a little personalization :)

I didn't like the concrete block here so I moved it, it's now a step. 
I














No comments:

Post a Comment